The role of the Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau (YCVB) is to make use of the wealth of resources at the disposal of the City of Yokohama and the wider Kanagawa Prefecture, and promote the region as an ideal destination for both tourists and international conventions. In doing so, the YCVB aims to reinvigorate the City of Yokohama and its surrounding areas, while driving its globalization.
- Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Nobuyuki Furukawa
- Basic funds
- 1 billion yen
- Feb 16, 1961
- The Yokohama Tourism Association is established
- July 23, 1986
- The Yokohama Tourism Association is renamed as the Yokohama International Tourism Association
- November 22, 1988
- The Yokohama Convention Bureau is established
- April 1, 1998
- The Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau is established following the consolidation of the Yokohama International Tourism Association and the Yokohama Convention Bureau
- November 1, 2011
- The Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau is reorganized as a Public Interest Incorporated Foundation
- 1st Fl. Sangyo-Boeki Center Building, 2 Yamashita-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama 231-0023
Based on our relationship of trust with the city’s residents, we aim to respond to global needs, promote interpersonal communication, encourage mutual understanding of global cultures, and contribute to the sound development of society.
Make the most of YCVB’s strengths to ensure Yokohama is the world’s foremost city for tourism, meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions.
◆ Nurture Human Resources with a Spirit of Endeavor ◆
Human resources at YCVB constantly strive to improve their capabilities while working with one another to respond to the needs of individuals from around the world. This endless spirit of endeavor ensures that YCVB is a professional, robust organization.
We at YCVB will
- Ensure thorough compliance, and work for the benefit of society;
- Strive to earn the trust necessary for smooth management;
- Utilize our imagination and creativity to coordinate customer relationships;
- Maximize the potential of the organization;
- Work to improve our capabilities, and always look for new challenges;
- Enhance our business etiquette to ensure our customers are always happy;
- Implement top class hospitality as the face of Yokohama;
- Seek to understand current conditions through thorough discussion, and work confidently with a sense of speed;
- Make use of our human resources to work as a close-knit team; and
- Aim to ensure that YCVB is synonymous with professionalism.