The Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau (hereinafter referred to as “the YCVB”) was formed in November 1998 through the merger of the Yokohama International Tourism Association and the Yokohama Convention Bureau.
The YCVB is an extra-governmental organization that is funded primarily by the City of Yokohama. It is tasked with promoting this unique metropolis as an ideal destination for both leisure tourists and those in the meetings, incentives, conventions and exhibitions sector.
The YCVB is committed to sharing the assets of this city with the rest of the world.
In Yokohama, the ultra-modern exists side-by-side with the traditional. The city has a vibrant local business sector, while industry and academia also thrive here. It has culture, cuisine, a fascinating history and a vision for the future. And lastly, but by no means least, the people of Yokohama are warm, welcoming and appreciative of outsiders.
The YCVB was created to invite visitors from Japan and abroad to share in all that makes Yokohama unique and unforgettable.
1 Attracting visitors from home and abroad
Our organization brings together 600 member companies, ranging from hotels to sightseeing venues, transport companies, meeting facilities and others, to develop the tourism and MICE industries in Yokohama. By bringing together our knowledge and expertise, we can provide support for travel trade professionals who are seeking a new and fascinating destination city, as well as supporting the development of tourist attractions and activities to bring more tourists and educational trips to Yokohama.
- Support the development of new tourist attractions and activities
- Attract educational trips through sales efforts across Japan
- Provide support and subsidies for travel trade professionals
- Accelerate promotion efforts to increase cruise ship visitors
- Develop new travel plans for Yokohama
2 Attracting and supporting business events
The YCVB has established strong relationships with event organizers and industry professionals to create tailor-made business events that are a complete success. Our staff are experts on the city and its facilities and we work closely with a range of partners throughout Yokohama to deliver unforgettable events. We also provide tailor-made services to support bids to host major national and international conventions.
- Provide comprehensive, customized support to attract business events to Yokohama
- Sales promotion to domestic and overseas organizers of business events
- Develop networks that link local universities and research institutes
- Support business events held in the city (including financial support)
- Develop unique venues
3 Promoting Yokohama as a destination
Essential information about Yokohama is available on our official website, the Yokohama Visitors Guide. In parallel with the website, our social media pages - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube - provide comprehensive and up-to-date information on the latest news and trends within the city. We also provide media and travel trade professionals with a comprehensive range of resources to assist them in promoting Yokohama as a destination.
- Data analysis of tourism and business events
- Promotion of the Yokohama brand and the city as a premier destination
- Operation of the official website and social media outlets
- Development of media content
- Promotion to overseas media to raise the profile of Yokohama
4 Welcoming and supporting visitors
The YCVB operates Tourist Information Centers throughout the city and publishes guidebooks and maps to provide essential information for visitors from around the world. In addition, in collaboration with the municipal government and our partners, we support the activities of local companies and citizen volunteers to provide services for visitors.
- Operate Tourist Information Centers
- Publish and distribute tourist information materials (maps, guide books, etc.)
- Improve the tourism environment (signs and information in multiple languages etc.)
- Support the activities of volunteer groups
- Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Nobuyuki Furukawa
- No. Employees
- Basic Fund
- 1 billion yen
- Feb. 16, 1961
- Establishment of the Yokohama Tourism Association
- Jul. 23, 1986
- Changed name of the organization to the Yokohama International Tourism Association
- Nov. 22, 1988
- Establishment of the Yokohama Convention Bureau
- Apr. 1, 1998
- Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau
(Consolidation of the Yokohama International Tourism Association and the Yokohama Convention Bureau)
- 1F Sangyo Boeki Center, 2 Yamashita-cho, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Japan