New Development MAP
(only for Media & Travel Trade Professionals)
The Map of Yokohama with the locations and a list of the future openings, renovations and works in Yokohama.(As of September 2019) If you wish to download the Map(not editable), please contact Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau via email with the required information below.
*Required Information: Name, Organization, Telephone, Purpose of using the MAP
*Email to: email@example.com
- Feb.The Tower Yokohama Kitanaka
- Condominiums (Feb.), commercial facilities (Jun.), serviced apartments (Autumn), and a reproduction of a historical Yokohama building.
- Site area: 13,135 m2, Floor area: 168,225 m2, 58 stories, 1,176 condominiumsm, Oakwood Suites Yokohama (hotel): 175 rooms
- Mar.Yokohama Stadium (expansion)
- An expansion of the stadium to a total of 35,000 seats including an all-access deck, restaurants, and shops.
- 35,000 seats
- Mar.KT Zepp Yokohama / Yokohama Tokyu REI Hotel / Headquarters of Koei Tecmo Games
- A building which houses a live music hall, Yokohama Tokyu REI Hotel（Jun.）, and headquarters of Koei Tecmo Games.
- Floor area: 36,700 m2, 15 stories, basement, Hall: 2,000 people standing, Hotel: 230 rooms
- Mar.Yokohama Ring Expressway North-West Line
- An expressway which connects the Tomei Expressway (from Yokohama Aoba IC) to the Daisan Keihin.
- 7.1 km
- Apr.PACIFICO YOKOHAMA NORTH
- A large multi-purpose hall next to PACIFICO Yokohama with 42 meeting rooms to house a conference of up to 6,000 persons.
- Floor area: 47,000 m2, Multi-purpose hall: 6,300 m2, Meeting rooms(total floor space): 6,185 m2
- Apr.PIA ARENA MINATOMIRAI
- A concert arena with the seating capacity of 10,000. Also capable of hosting sporting events, with restaurants.
- Site area: 12,000 m2, Floor area: 21,000 m2, 4 floors, basement
- Apr.Billboard Live YOKOHAMA
- A live music restaurant and club to launch in the Tower Yokohama Kitanaka complex.
- 300 seats, Total Store Area: 1,000 m2
- May.Hyatt Regency Yokohama
- A hotel located near Chinatown and Yamashita Park with restaurants, bar lounge, gym, and banquet halls.
- 22 stories, basement, Hotel: 315 rooms
- Jun.MITSUI OUTLET PARK YOKOHAMA BAYSIDE (expansion)
- An outlet shopping mall renovated & expanded to 170 stores.
- Site area: 31,945 m2, Floor area: 53,200 m2, 3 stories
- Jun.New City Hall of Yokohama
- A City Hal which houses a commercial facility with a book café and food court on the lower floors.
- Floor area: 13,500 m2, 32 stories, 2 basement stories
- Jun.JR Yokohama Tower /
JR Yokohama Tsuruyacho Building
- A large development project for Yokohama Station with commercial facilities, movie theater, sports facilities, and a hotel.
- <JR Yokohama Tower> Floor area: 98,000 m2, 26 stories, 3 basement stories
<JR Yokohama Tsuruyacho Building>Floor area: 31,500 m2, 9 stories, Hotel: 174 rooms
- Jul.Yokohama Budokan
- Redevelopment of Yokohama Cultural Gymnasium. The martial arts hall is on the first floor, and the arena is on the second floor. Ball games such as volleyball are also possible.
- Jul.BAYSIDE BLUE
- Articulated bus that goes around major facilities in the Yokohama Bay Area.
- The total length:18m, Capacity:120-130 passengers
- Sep.The Kahala Hotel & Resort Yokohama /
YOKOHAMA BAYCOURT CLUB HOTEL & SPA RESORT
- A luxury brand hotel Kahara, the second one after Hawaii, established with The Bay Court, a members-only hotel.
- Site area: 9,500 m2, Floor area: 48,000 m2, 14 stories, basement,, Hotel: Kahala 146 rooms, Bay Court 138 rooms
- Sep.Murata Manufacturing Minatomirai Innovation Center
- A R&D center for Murata Manufacturing Company with an interactive science area.
- Site area: 7,415 m2, Floor area: 65,600 m2, 18 stories, 2 basement stories
- Oct.YOKOHAMA GRANGATE
- An office building that houses a Sony subsidiary, a major camera development center.
- Site area: 13,500 m2, Floor area: 102,000 m2, 19 stories
- Oct.Sotetsu Fresa Inn Yokohama-Higashiguchi
- A business hotel with restaurants and a convenience store.
- Site area: 1,300 m2, Floor area: 7100 m2, 14 stories, Hotel: 283 rooms
- Autumnoutdoor facility CUPNOODLES PARK
- A barbecue tent, a walking path, and an observation deck.
one year)GUNDAM FACTORY YOKOHAMA
- A full-scale, movable Gundum figure from the popular Japanese anime Mobile Suit Gundum.
- 18 m in hight
- 2025Yokohama Ring Expressway South Line
- An expressway that will traverse southern Yokohama (Kanazawa, Sakae, and Totsuka Wards) from east to west.
- 8.9 km
- Mar.Cable car “YOKOHAMA AIR CABIN”
- An 8-seater gondola which connects JR Sakuragicho Station and Unga Park by 2 to 3 minutes.
- Total length of 630 m, 30 to 40 m high above sea-level
- Apr.Kanagawa University Minato Mirai Campus
- A new campus with three faculties, a library, multi-purpose hall, and restaurants.
- Floor area: 46,000 m2, 21 stories, basement, Multi-purpose hall: 400 seats
- Jun."CIAL Sakuragicho Annex /
JR-EAST HOTEL METS YOKOHAMA SAKURAGICHO
- A new exit at the south of JR Sakuragicho Station. The building complex houses commercial facilities and a hotel.
- Site area: 2,000 m2, Floor area: 10,000 m2, 12 stories, Hotel: 274 rooms
- SummerURBANNET Yokohama Building
- A building which houses shops, hotel, and aprartments.
- Floor area: 13,833 m2, 19 stories, 2 basement stories, Hotel: 7,283 m2
- Nov.LG Global R&D Center
- A R&D center for LG Electronics with an entertainment facilities and an interactive space.
- Floor area: 37,000 m2, 17 stories, basement
- AutumnYokohama Gate Tower
- An office building which houses commercial facilities with a spherical planetarium and restaurant.
- Site area: 9,300 m2, Floor area: 80,000 m2, 21 stories, basement
- Mar.Amusement Park YOKOHAMA COSMOWORLD (renovation)
- A renovation and expansion of an amusement park with Ferris wheel and restaurants.
- Site area: 5600 m2, Floor area: 6,800 m2, 4 stories
- Apr.Kanto Gakuin University new Kannnai Campus
- A new campus with three faculties, a café, and a sporting facility.
- Floor area: 2,600 m2, 17 stories, 2 basement stories
- Apr.Yokohama Marine Tower (renovation)
- A renovation of the observatory deck with a new bar and restauratns.
- May.The Westin Yokohama
- A hotel managed by Marriott International with restaurants, banquet hall, and a gym. Also houses a hotel for long term stays.
- Floor area: 64,700 m2, 24 stories, Westin Hotel: 373 rooms, Long term stay hotel: 201 rooms
- Nov.Yokohama Minato Mirai Hall (renovation)
- A renovation of the concert hall. The hall will be made barrier-free with universal toilets and upgraded equipments.
- Mar.Shin-Tsunashima Station (Sotetsu Toyoko Link Line)
- A link line between Sotetsu and Toyoko Line with a new railway station and commercial facilities.
- Link line: 10 km, Complex building Site area: 12,000 m2, Floor area: 37,247 m2, 28 stories, basement
- Mar.Minato Mirai 21 Central District 37 Development Project
- A building which houses commercial facilities, conference rooms, a co-working space, offices, and a hotel.
- Floor area: 122,000 m2, 28 stories, basement, Hotel: floors 20 to 28
- SpringTsuzuki Ward Cultural Center
- A building which houses a multi-purpose hall, offices, and a R&D centers.
- Floor area: 55,000 m2, Culture center: 4 stories, basement, Commercial facitliy: 7 stories, 2 baesement stories.
- Sep.Yokohama Museum of Art (renovation)
- A renovation of the Art Museum scheduled to reopen for the Yokohama Triennale in 2023.
- Oct.K Arena Project “Music Park”
- A large scale concert arena with a capacity of 20,000 persons, a hotel, offices, and an exhibition center.
- <K Arena> Floor area: 33,000 m2, 5 stories, 20,000 seats, <Hotel> Floor area: 19,000 m2, 21 floors, 320 rooms <Exhibition facility> Floor area: 530 m2, 2 stories
- Nov.Complex Building (in front of Shintakashima Station, Minato Mirai Line)
- The two office buildings which house a R&D center for YAMAHA, and other companies.
- Site area: 20,000 m2, Floor area: 180,000 m2
- Apr.Yokohama United Arena
- A multi-purpose arena for sporting evetns and concerts with a hotel and commercial facilities.
- Floor area: 15,500 m2, 3 stories, 5,000 seats
- Dec.Yokohama North-west
- A building complex that houses apartments, medical mall, and a hotel that supports several languages.
- Site area: 6,700 m2, Floor area: 80,000 m2, 44 stories, 2 basement stories, Hotel:floors 7 to 13
- SpringEX-Yokohama City Hall Block Utilization Project
- A large development project for EX-Yokohama City Hall Block with office, a hotel, and commercial facilities.
- Floor area:117,017㎡, 30 stories, basement.
- 2025Redevelopment of Yamashita Pier “Harbor Resort”
- A framework for the redevelopment of Yamashita Pier. Culture, art, entertainment, and lodging facilities.
- 47 ha
- Mar.Four Seasons Hotel YOKOHAMA
- International luxury hotel with aquarium and shops.
- Floor area:82,661㎡, 14 stories, 2 basement stories.
- Mar. to Sep. 2027
(in bidding process)International Horticultural Exhibition (in bidding process)
- A proposed venue for the International Horticultural Exhibition in 2027. (in the bidding process)
- 80 to 100 ha
- 2030Shin-Honmoku Pier
- A terminal capable of docking two container ships at once with a shipping storage lot.
- 1st stage development: 40 ha (storage), 2nd stage development: 100 ha (terminal)