New Development MAP
(only for Media & Travel Trade Professionals)
The Map of Yokohama with the locations and a list of the future openings, renovations and works in Yokohama.(As of September 2019) If you wish to download the Map(not editable), please contact Yokohama Convention & Visitors Bureau via email with the required information below.
*Required Information: Name, Organization, Telephone, Purpose of using the MAP
*Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mar.Entertainment Facility "ASOBUILD"
- The building houses an interactive content (VR, workshps), restaurants, and a club space.
- Floor area: 11,900 m2, 4 floors, basement, roof top
- Apr.S/PARK (Shiseido Global Innovation Center)
- The R&D center for Shiseido, the cosmetics company, with museum, café, and gym.
- Site area: 7,023 m2, Floor area: 57,000 m2, 14 floors, 2 basement floors
- Apr.Daikoku Pier International Passenger Terminal
- An international passenger terminal for large cruise ships located at a foot of Yokohama Bay Bridge.
- Jul.Yokohama Anpanman Children's Museum
- An interactive museum to experience the world of superhero anime series double in size and relocated.
- Site area: 5,650 m2, Floor area:14,000 m2, 3 floors, basement
- Sep.BRANCH Yokohama South Market
- A fish and produce market, restaurants, and an interactive facility.
- Site area: 35,000 m2, 2 floors
- Sep.APA Hotel & Resort Yokohama Bay Tower
- A hotel, open-air hot springs, pool, gym, a banquet hall (capacity of 600 persons), and five restaurants and cafes.
- Site area: 8,328 m2, 35 floors, 2 basement floors, Hotel: 2,311 rooms
- Sep.Keikyu Group Head Office Building (relocation from Tokyo)
- The headquarters of Keikyu, the railway company, with the museum.
- Floor area: 25,850 m2, 18 floors, basement
- Oct.YOKOHAMA HAMMERHEAD/Shinko Pier Cruise Terminal
- An international passenger terminal, hotel (InterContinental Yokohama Pier 8), restaurants, shops, and a park.
- Site area: 17,400 m2, Floor area: 30,290 m2, 5 floors, Hotel: 200 rooms
- Nov.Hazawa Yokohama-Kokudai Station (Sotetsu JR Link Line)
- A link line between Sotetsu and JR East Line with a new railway station.
- Connecting line (approx. 2.7 km)
- Feb.The Tower Yokohama Kitanaka/Oakwood Suites Yokohama
- Condominiums, commercial facilities, serviced apartments, and a reproduction of a historical Yokohama building.
- Site area: 13,135 m2, Floor area: 168,225 m2, 58 floors, 1,176 condominiumsm, Oakwood Suites Yokohama: 175 rooms
- Mar.YOKOHAMA GRANGATE
- An office building that houses a Sony subsidiary, a major camera development center.
- Site area: 13,500 m2, Floor area: 102,000 m2, 19 floors
- Mar.Yokohama Stadium (expansion)
- An expansion of the stadium to a total of 35,000 seats including an all-access deck, restaurants, and shops.
- 35,000 seats
- Mar.Hotel WBF Yokohama Sakuragicho
- First hotel in Yokohama of the nationwide WBF brand.
- Site area: 920 m2, Floor area: 8408 m2, 14 floors, Hotel: 263 rooms
- Mar.KT Zepp Yokohama
- A building which houses a live music hall, Tokyu REI Hotel（Apr.）, and headquarters of Koei Tecmo Games.
- Floor area: 36,700 m2, 15 floors, basement, Hall: 2,000 people standing, Hotel: 230 rooms
- Apr.PACIFICO YOKOHAMA NORTH
- A large multi-purpose hall next to PACIFICO Yokohama with 42 meeting rooms to house a conference of up to 6,000 persons.
- Floor area: 47,000 m2, Multi-purpose hall: 6,300 m2, Meeting rooms(total floor space): 6,185 m2
- Apr.PIA ARENA MINATOMIRAI
- A concert arena with the seating capacity of 10,000. Also capable of hosting sporting events, with restaurants.
- Site area: 12,000 m2, Floor area: 21,000 m2, 4 floors, basement
- Apr.MITSUI OUTLET PARK YOKOHAMA BAYSIDE (expansion)
- An outlet shopping mall renovated & expanded to 170 stores.
- Site area: 31,945 m2, Floor area: 53,200 m2, 3 floors
- SpringHyatt Regency Yokohama
- A hotel located near Chinatown and Yamashita Park with restaurants, bar lounge, gym, and banquet halls.
- 22 floors, basement, Hotel: 315 rooms
- SpringBillboard Live YOKOHAMA
- A live music restaurant and club to launch in the Tower Yokohama Kitanaka complex.
- 300 seats, Total Store Area: 1,000 m2
- Jun.New City Hall of Yokohama
- A City Hal which houses a commercial facility with a book café and food court on the lower floors.
- Floor area: 13,500 m2, 32 floors, 2 basement floors
- Jun.The Kahala Hotel & Resort Yokohama /
YOKOHAMA BAYCOURT CLUB HOTEL & SPA RESORT
- A luxury brand hotel Kahara, the second one after Hawaii, established with The Bay Court, a members-only hotel.
- Site area: 9,500 m2, Floor area: 48,000 m2, 14 floors, basement,, Hotel: Kahala 146 rooms, Bay Court 138 rooms
- SummerSotetsu Fresa Inn Yokohama-Higashiguchi
- A business hotel with restaurants and a convenience store.
- Site area: 1,300 m2, Floor area: 7100 m2, 14 floors, Hotel: 283 rooms
- SummerYokohama Ring Expressway North-West Line
- An expressway which connects the Tomei Expressway (from Yokohama Aoba IC) to the Daisan Keihin.
- 7.1 km
- SummerJR Yokohama Tower /
JR Yokohama Tsuruyacho Building
- A large development project for Yokohama Station with commercial facilities, movie theater, sports facilities, and a hotel.
- <JR Yokohama Tower> Floor area: 98,000 m2, 26 floors, 3 basement floors
<JR Yokohama Tsuruyacho Building> Floor area: 31,500 m2, 9 floors, Hotel: 170 rooms
- Jul.20 - Aug.9, 2020Floating Hotel (Cruise ship “Sun Princess”)
- A floating hotel with the capacity of 36,000 persons during TOKYO 2020.
- 77,441 tons, Passenger capacity: 2,022
- Sep.Murata Manufacturing Minatomirai Innovation Center
- A R&D center for Murata Manufacturing Company with an interactive science area.
- Site area: 7,415 m2, Floor area: 65,600 m2, 18 floors, 2 basement floors
- Oct. 2020
one year)GUNDAM FACTORY YOKOHAMA
- A full-scale, movable Gundum figure from the popular Japanese anime Mobile Suit Gundum.
- 18 m in hight
- 2020Yokohama Ring Expressway South Line
- An expressway that will traverse southern Yokohama (Kanazawa, Sakae, and Totsuka Wards) from east to west.
- 8.9 km
- Mar."CIAL Sakuragicho Annex /
JR-EAST HOTEL METS SAKURAGICHO
- A new exit at the south of JR Sakuragicho Station. The building complex houses commercial facilities and a hotel.
- Site area: 2,000 m2, Floor area: 10,000 m2, 12 floors, Hotel: 274 rooms
- Mar.Cable car “YOKOHAMA AIR CABIN”
- An 8-seater gondola which connects JR Sakuragicho Station and Unga Park by 2 to 3 minutes.
- Total length of 630 m, 30 to 40 m high above sea-level
- Apr.Kanagawa University Minato Mirai Campus
- A new campus with three faculties, a library, multi-purpose hall, and restaurants.
- Floor area: 46,000 m2, 21 floors, basement, Multi-purpose hall: 400 seats
- Jun.URBANNET Yokohama Building
- A building which houses shops, hotel, and aprartments.
- Floor area: 13,833 m2, 19 floors, 2 basement floors, Hotel: 7,283 m2
- Nov.LG Global R&D Center
- A R&D center for LG Electronics with an entertainment facilities and an interactive space.
- Floor area: 37,000 m2, 17 floors, basement
- AutumnYokohama Gate Tower
- An office building which houses commercial facilities with a spherical planetarium and restaurant.
- Site area: 9,300 m2, Floor area: 80,000 m2, 21 floors, basement
- Mar.Amusement Park YOKOHAMA COSMOWORLD (renovation)
- A renovation and expansion of an amusement park with Ferris wheel and restaurants.
- Site area: 5600 m2, Floor area: 6,800 m2, 4 floors
- Apr.Kanto Gakuin University new Kannnai Campus
- A new campus with three faculties, a café, and a sporting facility.
- Floor area: 2,600 m2, 17 floors, 2 basement floors
- Apr.Yokohama Marine Tower (renovation)
- A renovation of the observatory deck with a new bar and restauratns.
- May.The Westin Yokohama
- A hotel managed by Marriott International with restaurants, banquet hall, and a gym. Also houses a hotel for long term stays.
- Floor area: 64,700 m2, 24 floors, Westin Hotel: 373 rooms, Long term stay hotel: 201 rooms
- Nov.Yokohama Minato Mirai Hall (renovation)
- A renovation of the concert hall. The hall will be made barrier-free with universal toilets and upgraded equipments.
- Mar.Shin-Tsunashima Station (Sotetsu Toyoko Link Line)
- A link line between Sotetsu and Toyoko Line with a new railway station and commercial facilities.
- Link line: 10 km, Complex building Site area: 12,000 m2, Floor area: 37,247 m2, 28 floors, basement
- Mar.Minato Mirai 21 Central District 37 Development Project
- A building which houses commercial facilities, conference rooms, a co-working space, offices, and a hotel.
- Floor area: 122,000 m2, 28 floors, basement, Hotel: floors 20 to 28
- SpringTsuzuki Ward Cultural Center
- A building which houses a multi-purpose hall, offices, and a R&D centers.
- Floor area: 55,000 m2, Culture center: 4 floors, basement, Commercial facitliy: 7 floors, 2 baesement fl.
- Sep.Yokohama Museum of Art (renovation)
- A renovation of the Art Museum scheduled to reopen for the Yokohama Triennale in 2023.
- Oct.K Arena Project “Music Park”
- A large scale concert arena with a capacity of 20,000 persons, a hotel, offices, and an exhibition center.
- <K Arena> Floor area: 33,000 m2, 5 floors, 20,000 seats, <Hotel> Floor area: 19,000 m2, 21 floors, 320 rooms <Exhibition facility> Floor area: 530 m2, 2 floors
- Nov.Complex Building (in front of Shintakashima Station, Minato Mirai Line)
- The two office buildings which house a R&D center for YAMAHA, and other companies.
- Site area: 20,000 m2, Floor area: 180,000 m2
- Apr.Yokohama United Arena
- A multi-purpose arena for sporting evetns and concerts with a hotel and commercial facilities.
- Floor area: 15,500 m2, 3 floors, 5,000 seats
- Dec.Yokohama North-west
- A building complex that houses apartments, medical mall, and a hotel that supports several languages.
- Site area: 6,700 m2, Floor area: 80,000 m2, 44 floors, 2 basement floors, Hotel:floors 7 to 13
- 2025Redevelopment of Yamashita Pier “Harbor Resort”
- A framework for the redevelopment of Yamashita Pier. Culture, art, entertainment, and lodging facilities.
- 47 ha
- Mar. to Sep. 2027
(in bidding process)International Horticultural Exhibition (in bidding process)
- A proposed venue for the International Horticultural Exhibition in 2027. (in the bidding process)
- 80 to 100 ha
- 2030Shin-Honmoku Pier
- A terminal capable of docking two container ships at once with a shipping storage lot.
- 1st stage development: 40 ha (storage), 2nd stage development: 100 ha (terminal)